Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My Secret Buck Lure


People often ask, "Where do you find all those bucks?"

Sometimes, I let the bucks find me.

I started using this tactic over 40 years ago and my ability to get close to mature mule deer in heavy timber increased dramatically. I actually doubled my encounter with trophy sized mule deer.

HER IS MY SECRET LURE:

I started saving the hock glands from the bucks I had taken. The next season I cut slits in them and laced them on to my hunting boots. Not only does this help to cover-up any human odor, but it also leaves a small amount of residual deer odor on the ground, which attracts bucks to you.

I can’t guaranty you have the same results I have had, but it worked like a charm for me.

Learn more on trophy mule deer here

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment